We are pleased to say we are ready to restart face-to-face scouting in Suffolk! If you are choosing to return to face-to-face Scouting, we hope you are making good progress in preparing yourselves to be Covid19 ready. The highlighted text below is clickable to the relevant webpages.
Readiness for return to face-to-face Scouting
Full details of the national plans can be found on The Scout Association website. Further details of our process and forms can be found on the Suffolk Scouts website
· From 7th August leaders in charge of a section or place (e.g. campsite) can submit their Covid19 risk assessment using Smartsheet plus any other documents if you’ve been instructed to by your District
· Make sure that your section Scouting plan and risk assessment have been agreed with the GSL and Group Chair before submitting to your District approver
· Prior to approval, you will need to confirm that all leaders within in your section and the Group Executive have their safety and safeguarding mandatory training completed which is normally covered by the Essential Information training under Module 1 (leaders) and Module 1EX (exec members) and has been validated on Compass.
· Confirm that Adult leaders meeting face-to-face have up-to-date DBS (or renewing within the allowed 90 days)
· Please submit your risk assessment in a timely fashion ahead of when you plan to start (we recommend 14 days to allow for any revisions which might be required)
· Your district teams are happy to help and advise
Read more ...